Are you ready to finally break free?
Break Free is a ten-week course designed to help you create brand new ways of relating to food, eating, your own body, and every area of your life. It’s ultimately about learning to trust yourself—on a level deeper than you’ve ever experienced before.
And feel at ease to raise healthy confident intuitive eaters that don’t struggle with dieting.
The peace you’re seeking DOES exist. It’s been inside you all along, it’s just been buried under the many layers of judgment and self-doubt, waiting for you to find your way back to it.
And you can show your kids the strength I know is inside.
The Break Free® journey takes you through these layers, teaching you techniques and new ways of thinking to navigate them as you go. You’ll uncover sources of self-love and empowerment that no diet can possibly teach (and in fact, most diets take you in the opposite direction.)
Plus you’ll come away with a whole new sense of who you are, what you’re worth, and what you can create in your life.
Let me introduce myself. I’m Karen Diaz, registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. I’ve been working as a Dietitian specifically with eating disorders since 2005.
When it comes to food and eating, I’ve seen it all. I know every peak and valley in the process of reclaiming your personal power and trust. I know how to guide you through the dark and messy times, as well as how to calm the overwhelm that inevitably pops up.
Most importantly, I know what’s possible.
I’ve been privileged to witness the resilience of the human spirit in countless clients, to see people of all ages and walks of life liberate themselves from the grip of food obsession.
YOU can absolutelydo it too.
Do you wonder if you will ever be able to stop obsessing over food? Are you tired of waking up in survival mode, promising today will be “good”? Do you fear nights and the intense food cravings or binges they always bring? Do you want the weight off already, simply to feel relief? Are you sick of dieting, deprivation, and guilt but have no clue what else to do? Do you see your children starting to struggle with food and criticize their bodies and want this cycle to end now?
“The comfort I get from eating outweighs the benefit of doing well at the time I do it.”
“I don’t believe these intense cravings will ever go away and I don’t have the willpower to fight them.”
“I feel like I get one thing under control and another pops up—it’s exhausting!”
“I don’t really want to stop. There is true enjoyment in the food, at least to start, and the alternatives just aren’t as attractive.”
“I am an all or nothing person, and that is not going to change.”
“I am already overwhelmed. I don’t have time to do a whole course. It will just be another thing on my plate.”
“I’ll be less fun if I try to do this. I’ll be the one who doesn’t go out drinking anymore, who’s picking about the restaurants we go to… I’ll just be the one who’s obsession over food again.”
“Food HELPS me! It’s the only thing I look forward to.”
“When I’m thin I’ll be happy again—then maybe I can do a program like this. I should just diet and get the weight off first.”
“I don’t get the whole ‘intuitive eating’ thing. I don’t know how to eat normally or what that even means.”
“I have no willpower… I always fail… I’ll probably just fail again with this and feel worse.”
Or, if you’re honest:
“I don’t really want to stop. There is true enjoyment in the food, at least to start, and the alternatives just aren’t as attractive to me.”
I know how real those thoughts feel. I know they feel real not just because they repeat themselves in your mind, but because you’ve lived with them as truth for a long, long time. You might feel like they are the truth… hard and inescapable.
This is a very personal journey. Everyone in our community arrives with different life experiences, different struggles, different roles that food has played in their lives, and different strategies for dealing with all of it.
You might be thinking…
“Okay, okay, I think I know what you’re talking about, but my other thoughts are WAY STRONGER! I always get inspired when I think about really listening to myself, really trusting myself, making healthy choices… but as soon as I’m around food, forget it! I lose all my control again, and then I just feel sick and guilty afterwards. I just end up back in the cycle. How is this going to change all that?”
I know that during the course of the ten-week journey, you’re most likely going to “mess up.” You’re going to binge, you’re going to feel overwhelmed, you’re going to want to give up and run away. It’s never about stopping that from happening; instead, it’s about using those moments as opportunities to become more aware of your habits, and to make different choices than you have in the past.
You’ll have support to lean on. There’s a beautiful reciprocal effect that I’ve witnessed taking place in community: you get a chance both to be helped, and to help. There will be a moment when you are feeling weak, and others in the group, as well as myself, will be there to help you recharge with self-belief and determination. There will also be a moment when you’re feeling strong, and have a chance to offer wisdom to someone else who’s struggling. Through this continuous interchange, we all lift each other up.
Your intuition – your inner guidance – is often buried under layers of guilt, self-judgment, and habitual thought patterns that you’re barely aware of. The Break Free course helps you journey into those layers step by step so that they’re less likely to knock you off your feet. And in the process, you automatically get closer to the center of truth inside of you—the place that has all of those answers.
The Break Free course is also based on science: the science of food and nutrition, the science of weight loss, and the science of stress and its physiological effects. It combines straightforward facts about the body and mind with the personal journey I’ve just described. This is super important because it means that certain things are guaranteed: mainly, as you will learn in the first module, science has literally proven that when you take yourself out of a starvation mindset, the destructive, self-defeating thoughts WILL start to go away. You may have a thought that those truths won’t apply to you… but I can promise that they will.
Start to Dream
- Learn exactly how to maximize your likelihood of success in recovery – so you never relapse again!
- Start to see your struggle through a scientific lens
- Understand deeply why instant gratification is not an option here
- Begin the process of becoming conscious of your thoughts and feelings
- Start to dream—and awaken the passion and motivation that will see you through the rest of the course
Think Like a Scientist
- Learn how applying the mind of a scientist helps us take the emotion out of challenging food choices
- Start testing your own theories and doing your own
- Tune out the noise and ignore diet advice so you can start with a clean slate
- Embrace the struggle and learn how to listen to what it’s trying to tell you
Create a Diet Free Zone
- Replace “diet foods” with whole foods that are truly satisfying
- Explore new recipes and sections of the grocery store to create new solutions
- Release the “diet rules” that have been running your life for years
- Figure out what makes the most sense for YOUR life, body, and health
Hit The Reset Button
- Learn how to pick meals that taste and feel good to increase your satisfaction
- Get tuned into the foods and meals that work best for your body
- Reset your metabolism so your body trusts it will be nourished.
- Understand how to follow reach your goals without it feeling like another diet
- Focus on your individualized plan, not skipping meals, and learning to savor food
- Experiment and find a meal planning system that works for you
- Spend the week journaling, reviewing videos, and asking questions on the calls
Hunger and Fullness
- Identify and determine the different levels of hunger for more control of your choices
- Learn the different levels of fullness and how to start leaving food on the plate
- Get comfortable with planned hunger and discovering fullness before it’s painful—without feeling deprived!
- Use mindful eating to control food cravings and learn to be present with your food
- Learn how to use food journaling to see the patterns and emotions that are important for change
- Understand what activities drain your energy and recognize your emotions before they get too strong to control
- Dive into what wanting to lose weight really reveals about you and your life
Being Self Full
- Understand that self care isn’t selfish and how to put your needs higher on the list
- Learn why nighttime is the most difficult time for women and how to create a relaxing experience—without binging!
- Get clear that willpower isn’t the problem and how you can use and save it to help with your food struggles
- Quiet your inner critics and start talking back to them to lessen their power
- Get comfortable eating in public and honoring what you need in each moment
- Use exercise for fun and empowering, focusing on how it will make you feel, not how difficult it will be
- Smash the scale and get rid of its seductive power!
Healing Your Gut
- How your gut is related to emotional eating and handling stress.
- Natural solutions to rebalance your gut and improve cravings, anxiety, depression, and stress
The 10 powerful Modules are only one layer of support
you’ll find within the Break Free Program.
In addition to these Modules, you’ll also have access to:
~ Weekly Video Lessons where I walk you through the core concepts of each topic you need to tackle to be successful on this journey
~ PDF downloadables to enhance your learning from each Module
~ Additional curated resources to facilitate your journey toward true self-love and body confidence
~ LIVE weekly office hours where you can ask me any questions that are coming up for you in real time
~ And continued support to help you thrive and flourish!
The promise of tomorrow doesn’t feel as motivating anymore. You are starting to doubt change is possible. As you brush your teeth you look in the mirror and barely recognize the reflection staring back at you. This is not who you are or who you want to be. You know you were meant for more. The hope that you simply haven’t found the answer yet is alive again. This is no time to give up no matter how exhausted you feel in your search for peace and calm around food and weight.
If you prefer more one-on-one attention, apply below!
I researched some articles and came across Karen on the Huff Post. Her words were so inspiring and I knew immediately she and this program were different. The article spoke of not just putting your scale away out of sight, but literally smashing it. Which is exactly what I did that morning. I smashed the scale into little tiny pieces. Then I placed the diet pills and spray next to it and snapped a picture. I sent that picture to Karen, contacted her and signed up the very next day.
I’ve spent literally thousands and thousands on health coaches, personal trainers, read countless health and fitness books and researched everything not understanding why in my life food and weight have always been an issue. Most every other area of my life was successful, awesome family and career, fun social life with a great network of friends. I appeared to “have it together”, however I spent so much time consumed with calories, fat grams, eating plans, macros and the damn scale. It was exhausting.
Working with Karen changed everything, my approach to health and wellness, my overall well being and balance in my life. People always want a quick fix or for someone to tell them the exact steps to take to achieve optimal health and weight. I was missing the point for so long and what I gained with this program was so much greater than I expected!
I gained a calmness and confidence with my relationship with food and my body, I lost my calorie counting apps and wasted time obsessing about the perfect diet and clean eating. I gained more time and focus on what matters, my vision and passion for life. I lost the anxious feeling of “will today be a good day or bad day” surrounding food choices. I gained the love for treating my body really well, nourishing it with what feels good, movement and exercise that energizes me. I lost seeing the calories burned on a treadmill solely as permission to eat a little larger dinner. I lost the scale and gained some more room in my jeans. Pleasant side effect to living the Free Life!
Karen is so authentic, caring and intuitive. She exceeded my expectations in every way. This program is the best investment I’ve ever made for my health and happiness. Thank you, thank you!!” Valarie V
“I’m going to try to summarize what working with Karen did for my life. I say “try” because it may be impossible to describe what a different person I am today. In all areas of my life. This is about food, yes… but it’s so much more. I feel like a giddy little girl most days, and (!!!) have all the tools I need to live my life the way I always thought I could. My husband summed it up looking at me one night as I was talking to him about something (I can’t even remember what it was now) and he just shook his head and said jokingly, “I am so in awe of you these days… like, who are you?!”
Looking back, any of the concerns of “will this work for me” “is it a good investment” etc. were irrelevant because immediately after committing to the work, I could see that Karen was in this 100%. More if possible. She was going to meet me where I was and work through it with me no matter what as long as I was open to the work. And I was open to it most definitely. So, if I wanted it, it was mine. There was no way I could fail. And that was an awesome way to feel. In fact, now that I think about it – that’s pretty much how I take on anything these days: with inevitable success. Sure, trip-ups are going to happen – but the thought of it doesn’t paralyze me anymore – because I just have to show up, do the work, and be open to the good stuff. And by the “good stuff” I mean the journey.
I am so thankful for Karen and her work. It’s a gift. Having gone through the program, it’s hard to put the value of it into dollars… I would pay it 10x over – no question.” Meadow